Every Tenant's Legal Guide
Janet Portman, Ann O'Connell
Tenants in every state, especially people who are new to renting and those who are experiencing difficulties with their landlords.
What is new in this Edition:
• Complete information about each state’s tenant-related laws, including where to research them and their contents, is included in the book.
• The book offers examples of common situations tenants face along with practical solutions about how to deal with them without having to hire a lawyer.
• The new edition will address the increasing numbers of evictions across the country due to the pandemic, and give renters advice on how to respond to an eviction notice (and how to address a pandemic-related eviction in their rental history).
• The new edition will also address how to research changes in landlord-tenant laws due to the pandemic, for example, eviction moratoriums, rent freezes, special procedures for evictions, and tenant protections.
• The new edition will also expand its discussion on rent control, as some states have adopted state-wide rent control laws.